Tuesday 27 May 2014

Green Dandelion Sewing Buttons


Green Dandelion Sewing Buttons

Okay I'll admit it.  I'm a bit cranky today.  As a matter of fact I'm slightly more cranky than I was just a moment ago.  I was writing this post and hit something and deleted everything.  The funny thing was I was writing about how listing these buttons in my shop and writing a bit in my blog was starting to turn the day around and then - boom - deleted my blog post.  Oh well....I guess you just have to laugh.  There are certainly much worse things in the world. 

I must admit I really do like these dandelion buttons.  I haven't had them in my shop www.buttonsbyrobin.com in quite some time.  I think they were last listed in 2012.  It's funny how all of a sudden I'll see some buttons I've made in the past and want to remake them.  The one thing about having a website and making all my own product is that usually there are very small numbers of buttons made.  I get bored easily so want to move on to another designs.  I guess that's why I have close to 500 designs in my shop currently.  It's probably not the best business model because I'm constantly having different designs (which is good) but that means when something sells I no longer have it available.  I've started to make a few sets at a time most of the time.  This way when something sells I have another to put in it's place.  Again, if a design is a flop :( I have a number of sets that sit there.  I'm constantly rethinking how to get the best use out of my time when making the buttons.  Particularly since it's just me making the buttons - no manufacturer - no production line.  What is your best trick for making handmade items in a productive manner?


No comments: