Sunday 2 September 2012

The Last Of Summer














Green Bird Buttons
It's been a busy summer.  As I'm enjoying this last long weekend of summer I'm looking back and can't believe how fast it's gone by.  I've been busy over the summer and especially the last few weeks.  Now that summer is winding down I'm getting back to the buttons and gearing up for the holiday season ahead.  I've been busy listing buttons this weekend and I've got so many ideas for buttons and jewelry dancing in my head.  Tomorrow is the last day of the long weekend and I'm going to see if I can get some "play" time in.  By play time I'm talking about experimenting with my crafting in mediums other than my usual resin buttons.  I do feel a bit guilty as I've got a few custom orders that are waiting to be completed.  I do think I need a day just to play and experiment.  The problem with this is that so far my experiments haven't proven to be successful in my shop.  I've got some gorgeous glass buttons but I think the price point is a bit high for most projects that people make.  I do understand that.  Unless it's a really high end garment how can you justify a $10 button.  I sure wouldn't.  I do enjoy playing with the glass though.  I'm anxious to try some stamping on some ceramic buttons.  It's a new technique I've recently discovered and I have everything to work on the buttons.  I just have to have the time to try it out.  I've also stocked up on Halloween stamps and cookie cutters and before you know the Halloween buying season will be gone and I won't have made hardly any of the items I have in my head.  Oh well.  Even dreaming about these ideas keeps me excited and interested in my craft.  The bird buttons above are some of my latest creations.  The colours (colors) are almost jewel-like.  The truly are beautiful.  OK now I'm going to finish watching - Eat, Pray, Love.  I find the movie inspirational and often have it laying in the background as I create.  One of these days I'm going to have a vacation place in some exotic land and this movie reminds me of that.  Enjoy the rest of your long weekend everyone!

No comments: