Sunday 29 April 2012

Homemade Bread

What's more handmade than homemade bread?  I haven't made bread without the aid of a bread machine in ages.  My mom used to make amazing bread.  Now I cheated and used my Kitchen Aid mixer (I just got one recently and love it).  Mom used to mix everything by hand.  I sure wish she was around so I could get her recipe.  I miss all those recipes and such that I didn't think to get at the time before she was gone.  You always think you have so much time to do these things.....  Anyway no sad thoughts today.  The bread has risen quite well.  This is a picture of it after it has risen the first time.  It's now sitting in the pans for the second rising and will be going in the oven in about an hour.  I've been thinking today I'd like to have more of a "handmade" life.  I, of course, make my buttons and such but I've gotten away from handmade a bit and I've been more into labels and such.  I think I really need to get back to the handmade that I love.   

No comments: