Wednesday 30 March 2011

Handmade Buttons. Dandelions.


What is it about this lowly weed (the dandelion) that is so appealing? Normally these are yellow weeds that invade our lawns and which we try to eradicate so they don't spread their seeds all over and completely take over the landscape. However when you put them in images such as these (particularly with colour/color) they take on a whole new feeling. I think for me it's something about their ethereal floating qualities that appeals to me. They are airy and light and make you think of freedom. I absolutely love these images and have made a couple of dandelion designs for my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/70936780/red-dandelion-handmade-buttons-handmade?ref=pr_shop and am thinking of trying my hand at making them into some ceramic buttons. It's funny to think how even the simplest of images can become art.

No comments: