Thursday 17 February 2011

There is a time to relax and a time to make buttons!

Right now I'm writing this from a sunny beach in Liberia, Costa Rica. It is about 90 degrees fahrenheit and there is a beautiful breeze coming in off the Pacific Ocean. The tide is out now. I've just had a leisurely breakfast and my husband has gone diving. I've been here a few days and absolutely love it. I have taken a much needed break from button making but now that I've been away from it for a few days my mind is wandering back to button designs and I'm starting to think of all the things I want to make. New ideas are bubbling and yet I have a few more days before I can start to make my ideas into tangible objects.

When I do get back home (to the cold and snow) I have a few custom orders that I have to make and some packages I have to mail out from people who have purchased this week and are willing to wait until next week for me to mail them to them. As I write this I don't have a picture to post but I'll do that shortly.

This morning is the perfect time to sit back relax and think about where I want to take my business this year and what I want to do with my creativity. It's also a time to realize how lucky I am to be able to take this time and escape the Canadian winter for a short time and enjoy this wonderful wonderful weather and the truly warm and inviting hospitality of the people of Costa Rica. I can say this - we'll be back another time to enjoy all this beauty.

Thank you to the wonderful people of Costa Rica.

No comments: