Monday 14 June 2010

Staycation

I'm going to be on vacation next week and while I tried to find something to do and somewhere to go, in the end I decided we'd stay home. I love travelling and especially love Mexico but somehow couldn't bring myself to spend the money to travel there when we have beautiful summer weather here. I'll save my pennies for a vacation to the warmer climates in the winter. Now I have to decide what to do while I have a week away from the day job. My husband will be off as well so we'll have to figure out something we both want to do.

I do want to work on my buttons some and I have a ton of ideas for jewellery. Jewellery is such a hard sell on Etsy because there is just so much of it and, to be honest, I don't really spend a lot of time promoting it (shameless plug here www.outspokenjewelry.com) because I'm usually busy promoting my other store (shameless plug number two www.buttonsbyrobin.com).

Anyway I'm sitting here at my day job thinking of all the wonderful things I could do next week. I have a week of possibility ahead of me. I guess that's something special in and of itself.

I hope you all have the opportunity to take a vacation this summer and whether you go somewhere fun or exotic or just stay at home I hope it gives you time with family and friends and an opportunity to recharge your batteries and perhaps spend a little extra time creating or doing what you love.

No comments: