Thursday 24 June 2010

Latest Finds at the Antique Market



My husband and I went to the antique market last Sunday and I found a couple of things that I just had to have. I had to make a deal with my husband that I would limit my purchases of these "treasures" and he promised we'd come back if I actually used them to make something with. You see I have a habit of collecting these items and then not actually using them on anything. I sometimes can't bare to use them as they're one of a kind and then once they're gone, they're gone. This means I usually let them sit around waiting for the perfect thing to use them for and sometimes that perfect thing never materializes. Well I do have an idea for these and I've actually started on my project since I'm on holidays from the day job this week. I have to show my husband that I'm right and he's wrong and that I really really will put these treasures to good use.

By the way, in case you don't know what these are, these are antique wooden letter press letters that were actually used in printing at one time. I chose to purchase a few x and o's and am hoping to make them into some kind of jewelry. My first attempt didn't look very good so I've made some modifications and am waiting for some glue to dry and then I'm going to try again. I'll post the finished picture here when it's done. It will be beautiful! I just know it this time! Do you every purchase items and then can't bare to use them in projects because they'll be gone. Are you a crafting supply hoarder?

No comments: