Wednesday 30 December 2009

Lots of Progress

I don't have a picture today but last night was a pretty productive night. I hand cut over 100 buttons in preparation for a couple of custom orders. I have an order for 70 buttons that will be used to make wedding favours/favors and I also had a request for some buttons with robin's on them from someone that shares a first name with me. I'm excited to see how they turn out. They're looking good so far. I'm very pleased that someone likes my buttons so much they want to include them in such a special day as their wedding.

I'm also in conversation with a knitting store that is opening up locally. They're from Canada as well and want to feature the work of local artisans when they can and they've approached me about carrying my buttons. I have had wholesale requests before and always turned them down as I was afraid I couldn't keep up as Buttons By Robin is not my full time job. This year though I've decided I want to take my art farther so I'm going to stretch and see how it goes. I can't keep holding myself back because I'm afraid to try which is what I tend to do. If you don't try you can't fail then can you. Well anyway last night was quite productive and I'm feeling very pleased with myself.

No comments: