Tuesday 13 October 2009

Handpainted Wooden Santa Claus Bangle Bracelet


This is an old/new direction for me. It's old because I used to tole paint a number of years ago and I sort of got away from that. What I'm doing here is taking my painting in a new direction by incorporating it into jewelry. This is my first painted jewelry creation available at www.outspokenjewelry.com. The actual bangle is here at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32483106. I'm actually working on a snowman mitten design right now and am making this blog post while the first coat of paint dries. I'm having fun these days exploring new craft ideas and veering away from creating just buttons. I did make a few snowman buttons this weekend and will be listing them on www.buttonsbyrobin.com as soon as I am able to get them put on cards and the pictures taken. I also have a number of fused glass pendants that I'll be listing at www.outspokenjewelry.com. I find I enjoy the creating so much but finding the time to do the other things such as list the items and take the pictures seems to take up a lot of time as well. I need to get that done though because if I don't list them there is no way for me to share them with all of you and sharing them is what gives me the most joy.

No comments: