Monday 1 June 2009

New Custom Button Order Completed


For those of you following my blog from a couple of days ago - I did decide to go out and buy a new BlackBerry to replace the one I damaged. I still don't know if my old one will work but I needed a new one like NOW!!! Don't I sound impatient/spoiled.
Anyway back to more fun stuff like buttons! I made these custom buttons to fill a custom request. These are not something I normally would have done but I think they turned out great. I've even sold a couple of sets on Etsy of this design in black and white. Who knew!!
Custom orders do cause me anxiety though. It's just because they are very specific and I feel pressured/nervous trying to live up to expectations. I put a lot of pressure on myself. I know if people purchase the other buttons I've made that they must like them as they buy them for what they are. Custom orders have the potential to disappoint. I never want to do that. I must say I've never had anyone say that a custom order wasn't what they wanted. I guess we're our own worst enemies aren't we/our biggest critics. I guess I just need to have that inner confidence to know I'm good at what I do. I do like how these turned out and I've now listed them in my Etsy store for the buyer. I hope she sends me a picture of the project she completes with these. I would love to see it. I really enjoy it when people send me pictures of things they've made using my buttons. It's so much fun.

No comments: