Sunday 24 May 2009

American Express Credit Card Necklace

There is so much talk about the economy lately and how everyone needs to cut up their credit cards and cut down on spending. This got me thinking about what to do with all those credit cards that aren't being used out there and I wanted to do something with it. I've been making altered art jewelry and I have seen jewlery made with cut up credit cards somewhere along the way (sorry that I can't remember where or I'd give credit to the person who inspired this). I didn't actually cut up this credit card until it was expired (I'm sure my husband would like it if I actually did cut up all my current ones though-sorry honey that isn't going to happen). Anyway this is my take on credit card jewelry made with an old American Express credit card. If you look closely you will see the letters that are cut out say ICAN. Maybe this represents "I can" stop spending so much, "I can" make more money or "I can" buy whatever I want whenever I want. It can mean whatever you wish. It's currently listed in my second Etsy store which isn't really advertised much on this blog but is located at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5069403. The link to the necklace itself is http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25488637. Of course if you go to the link and it isn't there any longer perhaps that means it's sold. Anyway, hope you get a chuckle out of this necklace and perhaps it will inspire you to do something with your old credit cards as well.

No comments: