Thursday 19 June 2008

Balance

I'm still very much struggling to try and find that balance in life. The balance I'm talking about is a balance between doing what I have to do and doing what I want to do. I'm not only talking about balance with the creative parts of my life but with other parts as well. I know I want to exercise more, do more fun stuff with my husband, get out and enjoy life and I also want to balance that against my day job which pays the bills, my artistic stuff which I'm hoping will actually generate enough to cover the cost of supplies etc. It's really hard to to figure out the right balance and maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself right now to figure it all out. Maybe I should just let it be and it will all fall into place in the end. It just seems that there is so much I want to accomplish and I have all of these ideas running around in my head that never seem to see the light of day. Maybe I should just focus on one thing at a time and see where it leads....but then that next bright idea comes along and I'm off in a completely new direction.

How do you decide on what is the right balance for you? Do you struggle with it as well?

No comments: