Monday 5 May 2008

Next..............


Okay- I was a little disappointed with my first attempt at ceramic buttons so I decided to move on to something else for a bit. I have since gone back to the buttons but am still not pleased. I've done a second coat and will fire again and then post the final results. Those little buttons are harder than they look to make. I've a new found respect for ceramic artists-actually I always had it but now that I've given it a shot I realize there is much more to it than I thought.
Anyway, back to today's post. I cut this out of a piece of sterling silver sheet, cut out the bird image with a jewelers saw and then hand stamped the word "soar" on it. I really like how it turned out. It looks a bit rougher in this picture than it does in person-or maybe this is how it really looks and I need new glasses. Anyway, I really love how this turned out. Silver is also something I really want to start to work with but I know there is a huge learning curve and silver is so expensive to experiment with.
Now....those ceramic buttons are waiting to be fired. Wish me luck!

No comments: