Monday 19 May 2008

The Best Laid Plans.....




I had some big plans for crafting this weekend. It was a long weekend here in Canada and I was looking forward to three full days of crafting. Well Saturday started out and finished off a few things I had started the previous week. However....when I woke up Sunday I definitely wasn't expecting to feel the way I did. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me and I spent all day Sunday trying to keep liquids down and sleeping. My energy was such that I even had to plan my steps from one floor of my house to the other. Today was better although I have zero energy. Now that it's evening I'm starting to feel a bit better so thought I'd post some pictures of what I did manage to do on the weekend. The bottom set of pictures are of some recycled wooden blinds I'm planning to make into pendants. I've used the leftover pieces from wooden blinds that I cut off from the bottom of my windows when I sized them to fit. I've been keeping the leftover pieces of blind in my garage for quite some time (much to my husbands chagrin) because I knew I'd have a purpose for them one day. I've added some scraps of some very high end paper and covered them in resin and I think they're great. I have to put some holes in them yet but I love how they look so far. The first set of pictures is of a couple of ceramic buttons I've made. I haven't quite mastered ceramics but I am going to keep on trying. I have a vision and some day I know I'll get the reality to match the vision. I also dug out some dried gourds I have and I'm going to try and come up with something to do with them. I want to challenge myself to use what I have and see what I come up with.

No comments: