Sunday 20 January 2008

My first blog post

I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time. I've enjoyed reading many other blogs, particularly those about art and creating. The reason I haven't started before is mainly that I wasn't sure that I'd have anything interesting to say. I've recently changed my mind about that because blog writing isn't just about being entertaining-although people won't read it if they don't find it appeals to their interests-but it's about sharing.

I'm sure there are lots of people out there like myself who love to create but perhaps aren't confident enough to consider themselves "real" artists. This blog will be about my creative journey and the ideas and experiments in art that I try as I try to find my artistic way. It may not always be entertaining but it will be real. I like to try new things in art-my mind is always buzzing away with new ideas-many of which stay ideas in my head and never make it to artistic execution. More often than not, in the quest to be original, things don't work out as planned. What seemed like a good idea at the time turns out to be a distaster in real life. What I hope this blog will do is be a way for me to connect with others and perhaps inspire others to take a shot at trying something artistic even if they don't feel they're "real" artists.

No comments: